Essays and Miscellaneous writing
from Lee Russell
The stories published on this website are entirely a work of fiction. The names, characters and incidents portrayed in them, other than those clearly in the public domain, are the work of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, or actual events is entirely coincidental.
"How I Learned to Live with Climate Change"
- on 8/12/18 the BBC reported that "Attempts to incorporate a key scientific study into global climate talks in Poland have failed"
- see the article here.
Apparently delegates to the COP24 meeting in Poland were shocked when representatives from the US, Saudi Arabia, Russia and Kuwait objected to this meeting "welcoming" the report.
I am astounded that COP24 could not accept the IPCC's work and enable mitigation against the effects of Climate Change to proceed. This essay and accompanying poem are my personal response to this complete failure of governance by these global leaders, who should now be hanging their heads in shame.
Falling in love with "Red Dwarf"
- a review of the sci fi TV series 'Red Dwarf'
The problem with Victor Bergman
- a review of the Space 1999 TV series character
Why Blake’s 7 remains relevant today, 40 years after it was first broadcast on BBC1
- a review of TV Series
"Living With The Waste Land"
- a personal interpretation of T S Eliot's poem
"Personal Reflections on The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
- a personal response to Douglas Adams' stories
"Some thoughts about Post-Apocalyptical fiction"
- how bad could things get?"
- an exercise from the Jan '19 meeting of the Inspirations writers' group.
"The Past Does Not Sleep"
- an exercise from the Jan '14 meeting of the Inspirations writers' group. Written in the style of Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- an exercise from the Feb '14 meeting of the Inspirations writers' group. 200 words flash fiction featuring the words mole, eyelash and frenetic
"Is the Kindle reader harming Society's ability to share stories?"
"In Iraq, no one can hear Kasim"
- a 100 word flash fiction exercise fromthe Apr '14 meeting of the Inspirations writers' group.
- a flash fiction exercise from the Apr '15 meeting of the Inspirations writers' group.
"Old Pains, New Pains"
- a writing exercise from the May '15 meeting of the Inspirations writers' group.
"And another thing is that..."
- a writing exercise from the August '15 meeting of the Inspirations writers' group.
"He didn't want to go out on such a night but..."
- a writing exercise from the October '15 meeting of the Inspirations writers' group.
(c) Lee Russell. All materials are copyright Lee Russell and may not be amended or distributed without prior permission.
Click here to view the RussellWeb Legal Disclaimer and Copyright Information notice.